A Playlist Blog for The Wednesday Buzz On CFCR 90.5 FM in Saskatoon. Tune in from 5-6 pm.

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Golden Days

Allo.

Well. Life is funny, and interesting.

This is my second to last show with CFCR, I am all finished next week. It is certainly bittersweet. This station, its fine programming, and the stellar people I've gotten to know are amazing. CFCR's presence is the foundation of my life here in Saskatoon.

I have taken an employment opportunity in another city, and will be relocating mid-month.

Alas, the show will go on, with a new host, and I'll carry this station in my heart, for certain.

So, I've got some links about upcoming events, some as soon as this evening! Check it out.

Playlist for April 6, 2017

A New Name for Everything - The Weakerthans
You In Your Were - Kevin Drew
Miss My Friends - Zeus
Confused - Yukon Blonde
Reflektor - Arcade Fire
Truey Bluey - The Garrys*
Dark Dance - Little Scream
Golden Days - Whitney
Heartsigh - Purity Ring
There is XXXX - You Say Party!
Odessa - Caribou
Knight Moves - Chilly Gonzales
Step Into the Darkness - Said the Whale
Sign - Hush Pup
Reluctant Readers Make Reluctant Lovers - Library Voices*
Cascades - Metric
Dream Invader - We Were Lovers*
This is the Year - Hilary Grist
Oceans Brawl - Coeur de pirate
The Mama Papa - Plants and Animals
Pretty Please - Harpoonist and the Axe Murderer

*Denotes Saskatchewan-based artists.

And don't forget - it's membership drive time!


Alright, talk to you on April 13. I'm going to try not to cry during next week's show, but I make no promises. (Read: I'm going to cry. For sure.)

Until next week,  


k



No comments:

Post a Comment